Magic now has some areas of overlap.
Celestial Magic is derived from the skies. Users gain power from the Sun, Storms, and other sources of Heavenly Power. Celestial Magic is used at a Caster Level of +1 during the Day (while in sunlight), during a Meteor Shower, on high mountains, during storms, etc.
- Ice Shard: Send a shard of ice towards an enemy, dealing 1 damage. This ability costs 1 points to cast and 1 point to enhance. Each enhancement increases the number of projectiles by 1. This ability takes 1 action to cast. This ability is always available.
- Shock: When touching someone, you deal 1d4 damage to them and have a 5% chance to stun them. This ability costs 2 points to cast and 1 point to enhance. Each enhancement increases the dice size by 1 and the chance to stun by 5%. This may be applied to a weapon attack by increasing the preparation time by 1 round. This ability takes 1 round to prepare and 1 action to cast. This ability is always available.
- Light: The next object you touch starts to emit light, the radius of light depends on the size class of the object. Size class of -4 emits bright light for 1 square, shadowy illumination to 2 squares, and dark illumination to 5 squares. Each size class increase doubles the length of each illumination. Humans are of a size class 0. This ability takes 1 round to prepare and 1 action to cast. This ability is always available.
- Spark: Create an electric difference between two nearby metal objects. The holders of each object take 1d4 electric damage. The two objects may not be more than 2 squares apart. This ability costs 1 point to cast and 1 point to enhance. Each enhancement increases the number of squares apart the objects can be by 1.
Terrestrial Magic is derived from the earth. Users gain power from the Earth, Volcanoes, the Sea, and other sources. Terrestrial Magic is used at a Caster Level of +1 when in areas that emanate Terrestrial Energy, such as Volcanoes, Caverns, Mountains, on islands, underwater, around lakes, etc.
- Burning Hands: This ability catches your hands and whatever you are holding on fire. All melee attacks you make deal an extra 1d4 damage.
- Exploding rocks: Hurl a rock at an enemy. It deals 1d4 damage initially and bounces off. After a round, it deals 1d6 damage to all within 1 square of it. This ability costs 3 points to cast and 2 points to enhance. Each enhancement increases the number of d6s of explosion damage by 1.
- Cloak of Flames: Engulf yourself in a sheet of flames, which deal 1d6 damage to all within 1 square of you and 1d8 to all who strike you in melee. You may also choose to add 1d8 fire damage to an attack of your choice. It costs 10 points to cast and is not able to be enhanced. The Cloak of Flames grants you a +3 to your DD for as long as it is active. It has a number of “Counters” equal to your Magic Score. It can remain active indefinitely, so long as you have Counters remaining, but each time someone strikes you or you enhance your attack, subtract 1 from the number of Counters.
Dark Magic is a conglomeration of all the magics that don’t fit in other categories. It is usually gained by stealing power from others. Dark Magic is used at a Caster Level of +1 during the Night, in Unhallowed areas (graveyards, slaughterhouses, and arson sites), etc.
- Life Drain: you steal life from the next target you touch. You steal 1d4 at the base casting. It costs 2 points to cast and 1 point to enhance. Each enhancement increases the number of d4s of life stolen by 1.
- Reanimate: This Dark form of Resurrection causes a radius of squares equal to your Magic Score centered on you to become Unhallowed. You forcefully bind the soul of the target back to their body in a hideous mockery of true life. They no longer age and they are not considered alive, so their body continues to deteriorate. A target of this ability loses one level. There is a 5% chance that the target will lose their mind in the process, causing them to be a mindless slave of whoever cast the spell.
- Shadow Bolt: This ability send a bolt of pure Dark Energy at an enemy. It deals 1d4 to the target, and the target has a 5% chance to be confused (Cannot use Magical abilities, moves at half speed) This ability costs 4 points to cast.
- Release the Beast: You unlock the Beast Within the target, causing them to become a Demonic Creature, half-man half-beast. They gain a number of d12s equal to your Magic Score in temporary hit points, grow a pair of claws that each deal 1d6 damage. This lasts a number of turns equal to the sum of your Magic score and the Target’s Constitution Score.
Wild Magic is derived from nature. Users gain power from Plants, Animals, and other natural sources. Wild Magic is used at a Caster Level of +1 when in areas of pure natural energy, such as Groves, Dens of Beasts, and when in Beast Form.
- Beast Form: You turn into a beast of a similar level. Level 1 is a wolf, Level 2 is a Boar, level 3 is a Deer or a Feral Wolf, Level 4 is a Feral Boar or an Elk, Level 5 is a Bear or a Feral Deer, Level 6 is a Feral Elk or a Dire Wolf, Level 7 is a Feral Bear or a Dire Boar, Level 8 is Dire Deer or a ______, Level 9 is a Dire Elk or a ______, Level 10 is a Dire Bear. If you are at level 10, you had better not be complaining about only getting a Dire Bear, which is a powerful creature that can take out many unwary adventurers.
- Animal Companion: The Gods of Nature have smiled upon you, allowing you to gain a special animal as a lifelong companion. You may choose any number of animals that equal your level. If you level up and choose not to gain a new companion you may apply a template to your current companion(s), so long as it doesn’t exceed your current level.
- Regenerate: The Gods of Nature smile upon you and your companions (not just your animal ones) and allow you to raise one of your recently deceased allies. Doing so drains you of all your Magic Points and transfers any number of Hit Points from you to the target.
- Resurrect: Your devotion to Nature has reached a level where you may return an ally from the Dead.